Thursday, April 8, 2010

Stoop NES - A side project by Stoop Fresh

OK, there ain't that many Hip Hop gigs happenin around Perth, so when one crops up I suggest we pounce on it. It's the album launch of StoopNES this weekend. Pity it's 'themed' - fuck, I ain't dressing up as no Luigi or Donkey Kong thanks. I've always been a little reluctant to get into Australian hip hop...it may be because I've kinda thought it was a bit of a diluted version of the rhymes from the US. I mean, it's not like anyone in Aus has come from the projects or are packing anything other than a IPhone now are they? But I actually like these guys steeze. It doesn't really sound like anything I've ever heard before. Mabes because they are from Western Australia and therefore pretty isolated...I dunno. Well come and make your own mind up this Friday night at the Funk Club in Leederville. Or catch a listen here.

No comments: