Sunday, October 4, 2009

GREAT SONGS FOR A DANCE OFF


So I have this great friend named Asha Davies. We mainly bonded over a love for Indian culture, hairy boys and red wine but the thing we both loved to do is dance like no one is watching. Actually, we're both exhibitionists so we are probably always hoping that everyone is watching. These are some of the ultimate songs that need to be the soundtrack to you burning a hole in the dance floor...
  • Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio. I dare you not to produce Pulp Fiction esque dance moves.
  • Ever Fallen in Love? by The Buzzcocks. Someone is bound to fall in love with you while you're grooving to this number.
  • Rock Lobster by The B52's. This one actually belongs to my friend Beck. It's infectious.
  • Hummingbird by Born Ruffians. This will always make you feel like you are in a cool club in New York, even though you are just in your front room in owl print pyjamas. Um....not that I ever do that.
  • Flux by Bloc Party. Try not to tap your foot...I dare ya.
  • Groove is in the Heart by Deelite. Get your disco on baby.
  • Skeleton Boy by Friendly Fires. I recommend this for a dance off on mass.
  • Get Down by The Kills. This is all about the shoulders.
  • Standing in the Way of Control by The Gossip - preferably the Soulwax remix. Listen to it, you'll know what I mean.
  • ANYTHING by The Rapture. And I do mean ANYTHING.
  • Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order. This requires alot of singing along and kneeling.
Well there we go. These are just a few. I'm not telling you all of my favourites. Some things are sacred don't you know.
Go forth and groove.

1 comment:

CL said...

Ooh, nice taste! x