Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Take my advice...I don't use it anyway SPECIAL EDITION: Dealing with leaving the place you love


The time has come for me to say ta ta to my most favourite place in the world...Londres. Shit, I know I'm from Cape Town and it has a mountain and it's Africa yadda yadda yadda but man, fuck that shit, I love this massive English capital and I ain't afraid to admit it. For various reasons, I am unable to reside here for the moment, but hot dammit I shall return. In the meantime, these are the things that are making life bearable whilst being kept away from the place closest to my heart...read 'em and take heed if you are experiencing similar anguish.


DON'T COMPARE - Where you are living is not shit, but it will be if you use your favourite place as the ruler to measure it. Don't try to make it into something else and enjoy it for what it is. Remember, it's someone else's favourite place, and for good reason. Plus, constant comparing makes you sound like a whinger/wanker.

WHEN YOU ARE THERE, ABSORB AND ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MOMENT - Don't sulk.

GET LAID BY A DIPLO LOOK A LIKE - It's the cherry on the proverbial trifle.

MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND ADD THEM ON FACEBOOK - Then stay in touch. It's what it's meant for innit?

GO HARD - Or go home. (sozz, couldn't resist it)

FIND A MAD STOOP AND GET INVOLVED IN SOME EPIC STOOP STEEZE - It's where the fit boys and action will find you.

CAMERA'S ARE AMAZING, BUT KEEP THOSE MEMORIES UP IN YOUR HEAD - 'cause nothing will compare x

The next time we speak I'll be back in Aus. I heart you x

No comments: